Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Finally

So this weekend we are finally moving into the house. It never fails that I forget how much stupid crap I own until I try to move it all. This is the third time in 2 years that we've moved - it's definitely going to be the last time for a while!
On the plus side, we've managed to move a lot of stuff over the last few weeks. We bought new bedroom furniture and my parents gave us their dining room set (long story - but my mom wanted to get rid of it since they had moved into a smaller house and it didn't fit very well in their living room/dining room combo). So, we managed to clean the entire house (including the horrible fridge - another long story - i never thought I'd want a new fridge for Christmas, but now I do). We have all hardwood floors downstairs and only carpet in the three bedrooms. Andrea let us use her steam cleaner for those carpets, and we used some hardwood floor cleaner stuff for the rest of the floors - and basically cleaned every inch of the house! And we also painted the dining room because, even though we liked the color it was, the guy before us had painted around pictures that he had hanging up, so there were three big spots of just primer. And we couldn't match the color, so we just painted it.
Well anyway - I'm just going to be glad when we have our stuff all in there so we don't have to go to work, go to the apartment, go to the house, then go back to the apartment because that's quite a trip, since the apartment is in Henrietta/Brighton and the house is in the city by Greece. So close!

No comments: