Sunday, July 1, 2007

How Time Flies

So, long time no blog. Not too much has changed.
Last weekend was a BIG weekend. Clay and I went to the Old Toad in Rochester and met up with Becky, Brian, and Jen from law school (and Bonnie and Adrienne as well). I was so surprised that Becky came all the way to Rochester! And it was good to see Jen too, since she moved all the way to NC a year ago! Then, Clay and I went to Lollypop Farm and adopted another kitty. I named her Izzie (yes, from Grey's - I'm a dork). She's a 1 year old orange/black/white/gray tiger. And THEN.....on Sunday, we went to some open houses. One in Penfield which was a horrible dump and one in Charlotte in the City. And the house was soooooo cute. It was so great that we went home and started frantically calling agents and figuring out what we would do to get preapproved for a mortgage (we hadn't been planning on finding such an awesome house so soon). So, on Tuesday we went with the agent for a showing and made an offer. And then they counter-offered and we accepted it. We had the inspection on Friday and all went well. So, as of right now the only contingency is the mortgate commitment - but I don't see any problems with that - just some formalities. And then we should be set to close at the end of July! WHOOOO
So..about the house. It's a colonial, built in 1927. 1664 squre feet. It's been freshly painted with an awesome color scheme and is truly in move in condition. I'm so excited to have my own washer and dryer and garden! I am SUCH a dork!
So...we've been married almost a year. We have stable jobs. We have 2 kitties. And we are weeks away from owning a house. What comes next? Things have been flying in this past year!

No comments: